A Family Feast

Monday August 31, 2020

Earl and I fished for salmon yesterday. Out the Golden Gate. North to Stinson Beach, Bolinas, Duxbury Reef. We got the usual whale show.







I caught a nice 15 pound salmon



I really needed that. I had not caught a salmon the last two trips.

We brought it to the Gorelick compound in Berkeley for dinner. Here is the menu:



It was all about the food. I did not even get any photos of the people.  Meyer joined us. A great evening.

How are we doing otherwise? Terrible. There is too much grief right now in the world. I can't stop looking at the news. It is so depressing. We are all on edge. We are dealing with fires and smoke on top of everything else. 

I am still getting joy from my garden every day. Today this bumblebee decided to take a snooze in a sunflower. I wasn't sure if the bee was alive. It seemed intoxicated.


We are going to try to take a trip to Southern California later this week. Still in the planning stages. Good to have something to look forward to.

the bear


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 Miles Out

The Lead Pile

Trouble Sleeping